About TechCred Success: Application + Reimbursement
Guest Speaker: Derek Chancellor, Southwest Ohio Regional Liaison, Office of Lt. Governor Jon Husted
There are many methods to retain employees, but perhaps the easiest is reskilling and upskilling them to perform a wider range of tasks that are important to your organization. What if there was a way to be reimbursed for some, if not all, of the cost of reskilling and upskilling your employees?
Derek Chancellor, the Southwest Ohio Regional Liaison for the Office of Lt. Governor Jon Husted, will be at TechSolve on February 28th from 8:00 – 10:00 AM to provide information and answer questions about Ohio’s TechCred program –an excellent resource for manufacturers that reimburses them for helping their employees earn technology-focused credentials.
These tech-focused credentials should only take one year (or less) to complete, and many of them can be completed online. Employers are eligible to receive up to $2,000 per employee credential, and up to $30,000 per funding round! A total of 2,173 Ohio employers have been approved for funding to date, supporting the earning of 57,233 tech-focused credentials by employees.
The objective of this session is to educate you on what Ohio’s TechCred program provides and how to utilize it to the fullest. More specifically, to:
- Understand how the application process works and if your organization qualifies for funding
- Identify what skills are needed to improve your organization’s operations and which employees are best-suited to enroll to learn these skills
- Gather information about the partners that provide the qualified credentials
- Understand how to upload proof of credential completion and ultimately receive the reimbursement from the Ohio Department of Development
Each participant will leave with a clearer understanding of the program and how they can maximize their use of it.
This session also conveniently falls directly before the next TechCred application submission period. March 1st through March 31st will mark the 19th round of TechCred funding, and your attendance to this Back to the Basics Breakfast Event will leave you prepared to apply!
More about Derek Chancellor:
As the Southwest Ohio Regional Liaison for Lieutenant Governor Jon Husted, Derek meets with business and community leaders in 17 counties across Southwest Ohio to discuss their successes and challenges, connect them with resources, and identify the best ways the State of Ohio can help them succeed. He also briefs, staffs, and represents the Lieutenant Governor for meetings and events in the region.
About the B2Basics Business Breakfast Series
Learn how to right-size business essentials to work in a way that makes them work better for you.
Starting in June, we’re dialing it back and addressing the foundational elements in a company that throughout the years can be overlooked. Too often, manufacturers are strapped for time and resources, so the pieces of their business, such as website updates, financial analysis, inventory management, and product development go untouched.
TechSolve’s Back to the Basics is a monthly breakfast series of presentations on a variety of educational business topics from area experts. The events are from 8:00 – 10:00 AM on the last Tuesday of each month at TechSolve, and will give you the knowledge and know how to elevate your company.
We’ll start the morning with the essentials – coffee, networking, and good content! Throughout the morning, attendees are encouraged to ask questions to tailor program content to their business.
- Finance & Business Intelligence
- Sales & Marketing
- Human Resources
- Make new connections
- Expand your resource network
- Elevate your business
Past Event Topics:
- Tuesday, June 28, 2022: Focus on the Finish Line: How to Eliminate Drama, Better Define Priorities, and Drive Organizational Alignment with Steve Bebko, Senior Business Advisor at TechSolve
- Tuesday, July 26, 2022: How to Make Your Website Work For You with Legend Web Works
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022: How to Maximize the Value of Your Data With PowerBI with MaxTraining
- Tuesday, October 25, 2022: Your Employee Handbook – Anything You Say Can and Will Be Used Against You with Frost Brown Todd & TechSolve
- Tuesday, November 29th: Leveling Up On LinkedIn with Matthew Dooley from Dooley Social Studios
Interesting in becoming a presenter?
We’re always looking to provide our manufacturing community with the best resources. Contact Elizabeth at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to get involved.