TechCred helps Ohioans learn new skills and helps employers build a stronger workforce. These technology-focused credentials should take a year or less to complete and prepare current and future employees for the technology jobs Ohio employers need. Many of these trainings can be completed online!
A total of 2,173 Ohio employers have been approved for funding through the TechCred program, supporting the earning of 57,233 tech-focused credentials by employees.
The State of Ohio is in its fourteenth round of TechCred applications that opens Monday, May 1st, 2023, and closes on Wednesday, May 31st, 2023. Reimbursements will be up to $2,000 per employee credential. Employers are eligible to receive up to $30,000 per funding round.
Starting with the January round, the following updates have been implemented to provide additional flexibility for businesses:
- Grant agreements will no longer be separate documents; they will be incorporated into the online application portal.
- Training for approved credentials may start on or after the first day of the month immediately following the last application period. Training programs must still be completed in less than 12 months from the award date.
- Any Ohio registered employer that employs Ohio resident W-2 employees.
- Employers of all sizes and in all industries are encouraged to apply.
- Only one application will be accepted per employer per application period.
- Business Technology
- Healthcare Technology
- IIoT and Cybersecurity
- Military and Smart Transportation
- Construction Technology
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing Technology
- Robotics & Automation
Click here for the full list of credential specifics and providers. If you don’t see your technology credential listed on this page, you can request unlisted credentials be added when applying for the TechCred program.
What’s New to TechCred?
Employers no longer need to identify specific individuals in an application. Instead, employers will list the number of current or future employees who will earn each credential. Employees can also now earn multiple credentials each application period!
The Deadline to apply for the next round of funding is Wednesday, May 31st, 2023.
All 2023 Application Periods for TechCred:
March 1 – 31, 202
May 1 – 31, 2023
July 3 – 31, 2023
September 1 – 29, 2023
November 1 – 30, 2023
New Workforce Training Solution from TechSolve
The majority of the courses from Tooling U-SME are eligible to receive reimbursements of up to $2,000 per employee credential through Ohio’s TechCred Program.